Monday, May 7, 2012

coincidences, the radio, and the wandering mind

Just a short post...
Driving thru my town early one evening, and past a bar, i saw a woman walking out wearing a red sundress. I don't really like sundresses, red or not, i'd think a black sundress would be more sexy, but it reminded me of the country song "Something Bout a Truck", which mentions a girl in a red sundress. A catchy tune, and i started to hum it, and then guess what the next song on the radio was? I experience a lot of these strange coincidences. Well, after that it reminded me of the character in WorkingDan's blog wearing the red sundress, but i don't think WorkingDan listens to much country music. He does drink beer, however, which is also in the song, which i drank when i got home from Walmart-shopping-hell, but that part of the story is not a coincidence.
Another time, long ago, Mom was at our house, and we were having, as she told my aunt, "words". Now I love Mom, but we don't have the easiest of relationships. Kinda bizarre, at times, but i've grown to understand her a little over the years, and perhaps be somewhat more tolerant and not take her rantings so personally. For her part, I think she's learned that rather than deal with stressful arguments, i will just avoid her, or if she's at my house, ask her to leave.It has been said that she could start a fight in an empty room, and that is probably accurate.This particular time my mom made the statement, in her dramatic tone of voice, "Well, my life has been no bed of roses!" and at almost that moment, the song "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison came on the radio. I kinda giggled, but the humor was lost on Mommy Dearest...LOL.

2 comments:

  1. That kind of stuff happens all the time! No sooner when you think of something, like a song or a movie, it pops up on the radio or TV. I have always been fascinated by this phenomenon.

    Sometimes, if there is a particular movie I'm in the mood to watch, I will think about it real hard and wouldn't you know it, within a day or 2 it's on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just curious...are you sure we aren't related, she sounds like my mom!

    ReplyDelete